Durga Saptashati Path (9 days)
Durga Saptashati Path that is additionally referred to as Hindu deity Mahatmya and Chandi Path is a Hindu religious writing describing the triumph of the immortal Hindu deity over the demon Mahishasura. It’s a part of the Markandeya Purana, written by sage Markandeya.The text contains Saptashata i.e. 700 verses and since of that the complete composition is understood as Durga Saptashati. The seven hundred verses are organized into thirteen chapters. For ritual reading functions variety of subsidiary texts are appended before and when of 700 verses. A ritualistic reading of Durga Saptashati is an element of the Navratri celebrations within the honor of the immortal Durga.
About Durga Saptashati Path/Navratri puja
- Since our mother keeps us for nine months in her womb before we are born, we take these nine days of Navratras to go back to our source. Hinduism is the only religion in the world which has emphasised to such an extent the motherhood of God.
- The festival is celebrated for nine nights twice in a year. The first Navratri of the year is known as Chaitra Navratra, as it falls in March-April. The second Navratri is held in October-November, which coincides Durga Puja.
- Navratras are celebrated to worship different avatars and forms of goddess Durga (Shailaputri, Brahmachari, Chandragha, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kalaratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri). To please goddess Durga, a 9 day fast period is observed. During Navratri pujan, the Durga Sapsati puja and havan with proper procedures and rituals is conducted where each family member gives aahuti and takes blessings from Durga mata. The Durga puja vidhi and processes need to be properly understood and applied. Therefore, a knowledgeable priest well versed in vedic shastras and process is advised.
- After 8 or 9 days of fasting, Navratra pujan is concluded by Ram Navami puja where we perform kanya puja. Nine young girls representing the nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshiped and they are offered kala chana, halwa and puri with dakshina and red chunari as kanjaks.
Why should you do this puja?
To seek blessings from Mother Durga + achieve fame, success and happiness in daily life.
NOTE: This package is applicable for each day of Navratri puja. We offer the puja for each day of Navratra till Ram Navami.
Puja ceremony includes:
- Devi mata havan
- Durga saptshati Paath
- Vrat Udayapan puja
- Navratra durga pujan arti
Significance of Durga Saptashati Path
Durga Saptashati is significant composition to perform Chandi Homan which is one of the most significant Homan done to gain health and to conquer over enemies. Chandi Homa is performed while chanting verses from Durga Saptashati. Total 700 Ahuti i.e. offering to Goddess Durga through sacred fire are made during Chandi Homa.
Durga Saptashati is important composition to perform Chandi Homan that is one among the foremost significant Homans done to achieve health and to overcome over enemies. Chandi Homa is performed whereas vocalizing verses from Durga Saptashati. Total 700 Ahuti i.e. giving to deity Durga through sacred fire are created throughout Chandi Homan.
Benefits of Organizing Durga Saptashati Path
- Protection from evil and removal of obstacles.
- Relief from diseases and long ill health.